Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Beautiful Sister...

Today's post is with a heavy heart but I wanted to write a tribute to my sister. Today marks her 45th birthday. Unfortunately 139 days ago my sister passed away after her long battle with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease). I am still mourning the loss of my big sister and it's been more difficult now then when it happened. I miss her terribly and feel the emptiness still in my heart. I'm still trying to come to grips with why this disease took a hold of such a wonderful person. My sister in a nutshell was truly an angel.

I have learned to believe in my faith to get me through all of this and learn the lessons I'm meant to learn. I guess god just needed her more than we did and I know we'll be together one day.

As the quote goes....."It's OK not to know all the answers, just believe that they are there, and they will be revealed to you in due time."

I promised my sister I wouldn't spend too much time being sad about what happened to her but instead to celebrate her life and to smile, laugh and recall all the good times we shared when she was here. I'm so proud to have been her little sister and I have a level of peace knowing she is now in a better place and no longer suffering.

I feel her around me all the time and I know she gives me her strength to get me through my own struggles.

Linda, I love you so much and miss you....you are forever in my heart and I thank you for teaching me so much. We will all spend this special day honoring you and celebrating your birthday and remembering what a truly special and unique soul you were. You were so loved by your friends and family and you will never, never be forgotten.

Happy Birthday Linda! Fly high, sing, dance and know we all think about you everyday and you are not far from our hearts.

Lots of kisses and hugs from your baby sister...Diane.






1 comment:

cherish.photography said...

Happy B day to her!

BTW...you have gorgeous pictures.