Thursday, April 15, 2010

Flower Shoot for Coffee Table Book

Earlier this week I collaborated with Apotheca Flower Shoppe in Goffstown, NH to photograph a table scape that will be appearing in a national coffee table book. Apotheca Flower Shoppe will have a 4 page spread in the book and was the only New England area florist to be invited to participate in this amazing opportunity. I was grateful to have been asked to tag along and take the photographs for it and can't wait to see the final book when it's completed. The photo shoot took place at an old abandoned church in Marlborough, NH. It had that yummy light that I love so much and lots of character, however, the decision was made to set up the table in a corner of the church that I found to be quite unique. With the very cool broken and ripped away wall behind the table, church door and textured plastered walls, it made for a great backdrop for the modern, yet vintage flowers. From what I was told, this church is undergoing a major renovation and will eventually be turned into a wedding function facility, so as soon as I have more information on that, I will pass it along. It would be a very creative place to have a wedding!

I played with different looks and colors and when I was shooting it, it felt like I was at some open patio in the mediterranean or in old Havana. Keep in mind I have never been to either place but that is what came to mind when I was shooting it. I felt like the smell in the air should be cuban cigars and lots of wine flowing. Not sure why that image came to me but I guess from seeing things in books and movies, it just felt like a place like that. There was a very cool vibe and look coming through and found it to be the perfect setting for this table setup. I had a great time participating in something that is completely outside the box for me and look forward to more opportunities to participate in things like this. Now check out some of the photos from the shoot and all the wonderful flowers, which you can find at www.apothecaflowershopppe.com. Enjoy....


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Cindy Schultz said...

these are lovely. So soft, rich and elegant. I'm sure they are thrilled with the outcome. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!! Your work never ceases to amaze me Diane. Thanks so much for capturing the feel so richly!