Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lindsay's Apres Shoot

On a cold day in October, I photographed Lindsay for her Apres Wedding Shoot.  Alot of people called this a "Trash the Dress" session but I call it Apres (which means after)  because I hardly ever "trash" someones dress.  What's so great about Apres Shoots are it's yet another excuse to put your wedding dress back on and have some fun!

The beauty about these shoots is how much creativity you can have.  The day of your wedding is so formal and busy with having to visit with everyone, but when you opt to have an Apres Shoot, I have your undivided attention and you can really just play and do different stuff you didn't get to do on your wedding day.  We selected an Apple Orchard for our shoot and brought cool accessories such as funky jewelry, shoes and head pieces.  I also brought along a few extra props such as the bright colored chairs, antique cameras, luggage and the awesome cowboy hat.

I also need to give a shout out to the other talented vendors that participated in this shoot:

Flowers:        Brad Harrington from Chalifours Flowers (www.chalifoursflowers.com) is such a gem with his creativity. He even surprises me with some of the artistic designs he comes up with.  When I asked him to create something odd, fun and unique, I never expected him to create the arrangements you will see in the photos.  He really challenged himself to go above and beyond with designing something that wasn't traditional and it just added that extra element of punch and flair to the shoot.  Brad...you are a true artist with a vision that is beyond words...Thank you for designing something that was really off the charts!

Makeup:        Alyssa MacKenzie is also a very artistic and creative person I enjoy working with. When I asked her to do Lindsay's makeup for this shoot, she told me that she had something really unique in mind and I was blown away with the overall look.  She created these very cool whimsical lashes that had a very fairly tale inspired theme to them.  She kept Lindsays makeup clean, with just a punch of bright pink lips, it really worked with everything I was trying to create.  You can check out Alyssa's work at www.alyssamackenzie.com for all types of makeup services.  I've worked with Alyssa on many projects such as weddings, boudoir shoots and these types of shoots and she always comes up with a look that is jaw dropping.  Someone to consider for your makeup services.

Lindsay:        My model for the day was Lindsay who's wedding I photographed back in April 2010.  She was a trooper posing in the cold for several hours doing everything I asked of her and I thought she looked beautiful!  We had alot of fun collaborating on the look and feel of this shoot and I just wanted to thank her for being such a great subject...she really made my job easy!


Now onto some of the photos from the shoot!  Enjoy and please be sure to leave some love!











































































































































































































2 comments:

clippingimages said...

very innovative photography........

clippingimages said...

very innovative photography...........